Federation of Turkish Cypriot Students studying in the UK (FTCS-UK) was founded by 229 students studying in different parts of the UK.
FTCS-UK operates in line with the democratic will of the students, free from any political connections. Its management is determined through the choices that students participate and works to become a permanent part of the Turkish Cypriot social life as a constant follower of students’ rights.
Among the aims of FTCS-UK are these:
- To develop a solidarity and community feeling among Turkish Cypriot students studying in the UK.
- To bring up adaptation difficulties.
- Organizing events.
- To defend the rights of students before the TRNC government, especially the scholarship.
- Lobbying on issues involving Turkish Cypriot students with the UK government and other relevant organizations.
- To establish a network of Turkish Cypriot graduates and students.
- Helping young people who are thinking about studying in the UK.
- To ensure the active participation of Turkish Cypriots in student communities at universities.
- Carrying out relations with other student organizations.